The past week has been interesting and trying. Recently, we learned of several states that have closed school. In states such as New York, many schools are now closing for two weeks to over a month. Please know that we at eMath consider every teacher out there to be a hero. You are likely being asked to prepare to do the impossible, teach students remotely. We are here to help and support you in any way we can. We have been getting many questions about how eMathInstruction materials can be used so wanted to send out answers to a few common questions.
Q: Can files be posted?
A: We have several different types of files and will address each independently.
- Lessons and homework sets that are already available for free download may be reposted though we greatly prefer that you just post the appropriate link to our website. This will likely be easier for you in the long run.
- Unit reviews are only available with the purchase of a membership and may be reposted to closed systems only such as Google Classroom.
- Answer keys and assessments are only available with the purchase of a membership. These are our most sensitive files. These may only be posted to closed systems inaccessible to the broader internet (such as Google Classroom). We ask that these most sensitive files be removed from the closed system after they are needed.
Q: Why can certain documents such as assessments, answer keys only be posted to closed systems?
A: There are several reasons we prohibit the posting of these items to traditional websites and web pages.
- The first and most important reason is academic integrity. Students are quite internet savvy. Students from outside of your school will find the files you post and use them to cheat. You would not want your students finding answers on the internet so we ask that you be considerate to teachers and students on the other side of the country.
- eMath Instruction provides a plethora of files for free. Unfortunately we cannot provide everything for free or we would not have the funding to continue to provide new resources. If our paid content is posted to the internet where anyone can find it we lose out on the ability to sell our material and therefore continue to do what we do.
Q: How can videos be easily accessed? Can they be downloaded?
A: All of our videos are on YouTube. Videos for Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II are also on TeacherTube. Unfortunately the file size of videos is quite large and impractical to provide off of the internet. We understand that many folks struggle with access to internet due to living in a remote location or due to other family circumstances. At this point, in order to view videos, access to the internet is needed. Below are the links to our YouTube and TeacherTube channels. Videos are also accessible from our website.
Q: Can we still purchase books? How can we get them to students if our school has already closed?
A: Yes. We have books available. We can work with your school to possibly ship books directly to students if needed. Please contact us directly to discuss. If your school has not yet closed and you think you may need books, your best bet is to order them as soon as possible.
If there are any other questions you have or any other way we can support you, please feel free to reach out to us. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We are here for you. We hope you all stay safe and healthy.
Kirk and Shana Weiler