In this course students will learn about a variety of advanced topics in algebra. Students will expand their understanding about functions by learning about polynomial, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions. These new functions along with linear, quadratic, and exponential, will be used to model a variety of problems, including compound interest, complex numbers, growth and decay, projectile motion, and periodic phenomena.
Polynomial and rational algebra is extensively covered including advanced factoring and polynomial long division. Advanced work in probability is included that focusses on the use of conditional probability. Extensive statistics work is done to help students understand how population parameters can help to infer properties about populations. This course is aligned to the Common Core State Standards for Algebra II.
- Unit 1 - Algebraic Essentials Review
- Unit 2 - Functions as the Cornerstones of Algebra II
- Unit 3 - Linear Functions, Equations, and Their Algebra
- Unit 4 - Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Unit 5 - Sequences and Series
- Unit 6 - Quadratic Functions and Their Algebra
- Unit 7 - Transformations of Functions
- Unit 8 - Radicals and the Quadratic Formula
- Unit 9 - Complex Numbers
- Unit 10 - Polynomial and Rational Functions
- Unit 11 - The Circular Functions
- Unit 12 - Probability
- Unit 13 - Statistics
- Statistical Simulators
Love the Course?
Share your experience to help others interested in Common Core Algebra II.