In this course students will acquire tools to help them explore two-dimensional and three-dimensional space. These tools include Euclidean geometry, rigid motion transformations, dilations and similarity, and coordinate geometry. Students will learn how to prove various geometric facts about triangles, quadrilaterals, and circles by using axiomatic proof and coordinate geometry proof. Finally, students will model real world objects using geometric formulas for perimeter, area, and volume. Three dimensional objects such as prisms, pyramids, cones, cylinders, and spheres will be used in a variety of models. This course is aligned to the Common Core State Standards for Geometry.
- Unit 1 - Essential Geometric Tools and Concepts
- Unit 2 - Transformations, Rigid Motions, and Congruence
- Unit 3 - Euclidean Triangle Proof
- Unit 4 - Constructions
- Unit 5 - The Tools of Coordinate Geometry
- Unit 6 - Quadrilaterals
- Unit 7 - Dilations and Similarity
- Unit 8 - Right Triangle Trigonometry
- Unit 9 - Circle Geometry
- Unit 10 - Measurement and Modeling
Love the Course?
Share your experience to help others interested in Common Core Geometry.