In this course students expand their study of ratios, rates, proportional relationships, and percentages. Connections are made between fractions, decimals, and percentages as a way to measure portions of the whole. Students learn to operate with negative numbers and understand why the operations work as they do. Students increase their knowledge of algebra by modeling situations with two-step linear equations and linear inequalities.
Students extend their ability to answer statistical questions by using quartiles and box plots to compare samples. Students understand how to use a variety of models, such as tree diagrams, to analyze compound probability problems. Finally, students explore the geometry of angles and triangles. This course is aligned to the New York State Next Generation Mathematics Learning Standards.
- Unit 1 - Essential Review
- Unit 2 - Operations with Signed Numbers
- Unit 3 - Proportional Relationships
- Unit 4 - Percent
- Unit 5 - Linear Expressions
- Unit 6 - Linear Equations and Inequalities
- Unit 7 - Statistics
- Unit 7cc - Statistics
- Unit 8 - Probability
- Unit 8cc - Probability
- Unit 9 - The Geometry of Angles and Triangles
- Unit 10 - Geometric Measurement
Love the Course?
Share your experience to help others interested in N-Gen Math™ 7.