Welcome back to school!!! We know many teachers have already been at work for a few weeks, but this is when we all start hitting our stride and leaving summer vacation in our rearview mirrors. As the academic year gets going this September 2022, we at eMATHinstruction are working hard on many new additions to our materials and website and getting ready for the fall conference season. To begin, let’s discuss the new additions to our established courses:
- In N-Gen Math 6 this month, we bring you the Unit 2 (Fractions) Form B Unit Assessment. We also bring you a Unit 3 (Decimals) practice set of problems on basic decimal arithmetic, including all four major operations.
- For N-Gen Math 7 this month, we have three new additions. First, we have the Unit 2 (Operations with Signed Numbers) Form B Unit Assessment. We also have the Unit 3 (Proportional Relationships) Form B Unit Assessment. Finally, we have a set of practice word problems from Unit 3 on ratios and proportions. You can never have too many ratio and proportion word problems!
- Our new add-ons for N-Gen Math 8 this month both come from Unit 2 (Tools of Geometry). We bring you the Unit 2 Form B Assessment. We also have a practice set of problems on angle pairs. This work includes complementary, supplementary, linear, and vertical angle pairs. Practice includes both numerical and algebraic problems.
- For our newest course, N-Gen Math Algebra I, we have many new additions this month. They all come from Unit 3 (Functions). First, we have the Unit 3 Form A Assessment (in both English and Spanish). We also have the Unit 3 Exit Tickets and a Unit 3 modeling problem on projectile motion. Finally, we have also posted our SMART Notebook files for Unit 3. These are the files we used to create our own lesson videos and teachers find them very useful for in class presentations if they have SMART Notebook.
- For Common Core Geometry this month, we bring you resources for Unit 2 (Transformations, Rigid Motions, and Congruence). First, we have the Unit 2 Mid-Unit Quiz – Form D. Additionally, we bring you a set of practice problems on regular polygon symmetry and mapping.
- Finally, for Common Core Algebra II add-ons this month we bring you three new resources. First, we have a Unit 2 (Functions) practice set of problems on Function Notation. This worksheet gives students a great opportunity to practice using function notation when functions are represented in a variety of ways. We then bring you the Unit 3 (Linear Functions) Mid-Unit Quiz – Form D. Our last addition is a Unit 3 practice set of problems on inverses of linear functions, both finding their equations and creating their graphs.
We continue our work on N-Gen Math Geometry, with video shooting to begin at the start of October. More updates on that course as it finalizes. Our rewrite of Algebra II will also begin in late autumn/early winter of this year. We plan on attending numerous conferences this fall including AMTNJ (New Jersey) and MCTM (Mississippi), and of course AMTNYS in Rochester, NY, where Kirk will be presenting.
For now, enjoy the cooler fall weather and cross your fingers for beautiful colors to come!