In this course students study a variety of advanced algebraic topics including advanced factoring, polynomial and rational expressions, complex fractions, and binomial expansions. Extensive work is done with exponential and logarithmic functions, including work with logarithm laws and the solution of exponential equations using logarithms.
Trigonometry is extensively developed with topics including the unit circle, radian measure, sinusoidal modeling, trigonometric equations and identities, and the Laws of Sine and Cosine. Work in probability includes counting theory, permutations, combinations, and binomial probability. Statistical work includes the standard deviation and the normal distribution.
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Functions
- Unit 2 – Linear Relations and Functions
- Unit 3 – Quadratic Functions and Their Algebra
- Unit 4 – Radicals and the Quadratic Formula
- Unit 5 – Complex Numbers
- Unit 6 – Polynomials and Rational Functions
- Unit 7 – Trigonometric Functions
- Unit 8 – Trigonometric Algebra
- Unit 9 – Trigonometric Applications
- Unit 10 – Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Unit 11 – Probability
- Unit 12 – Statistics
- Unit 13 – Sequences and Series
- Algebra 2 with Trigonometry Sample Regents Exams